An open letter: Announcing the Colorado Chiari Institute
Dear Healthcare Provider,
I write to announce the Colorado Chiari Institute at The Medical Center of Aurora. The Institute is focused on the care of persons 14 years or older with Chiari I malformation and those with intractable symptoms following previous Chiari surgery.
Our growing multidisciplinary team includes Chiari Nurse Practitioner Kimberly Sexton, Neurologist Dr. Jon Scott, Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner Holly Ellis, and nutritionists from Sodexo Quality of Life Services. Other specialists are available as needed.
In order to provide high quality care to persons with the Chiari I malformation, requirements prior to scheduling an appointment include:
- An evaluation by the primary care physician within the prior 6 months.
- A neurology evaluation within the prior 6 months.
- The report of an MRI of the brain or cervical spine within the prior 6 months which shows a Chiari malformation.
- HgA1C, CRP, and a Vitamin D level.
- A referral to the Institute can come from the patient’s primary care physician, neurologist, or neurosurgeon.
The Medical Center of Aurora, the only 2016 Leapfrog General Hospital in Colorado, provides a wide array of specialists as needed. TMCA is a two-time recipient of the Magnet designation for excellence in nursing and quality patient care.
The Colorado Chiari Institute is located in the 1400 building at The Medical Center of Aurora. The Institute address is:
Colorado Chiari Institute
1400 S. Potomac St., Suite 2010
Aurora, Colorado 80012
Our website is under development.
To refer a patient to the Institute, please contact Christine DiGuilio, BS, RN, at Christine.Diguilio@HealthONEcares.com.
John Oró, MD, FAANS